Thursday, February 4, 2010

It's probably frowned upon.....

....to use ones personal blog to beg for money. But considering there is already ample questionable content in this blog, I'm not too worried about it.

Plus, it's for a good cause!

On Saturday, March 10th, I will be taking part in the Polar Bear Dip here in Owen Sound. I will be plunging into the frozen waters of Georgian Bay, along with a few of my co-workers, and the boy as well, in order to raise money to support Ontario Special Olympics.

There are a few ways you can pledge me:

By Mail
Mail cash or cheque (payable to "Special Olympics Ontario") to:
Jamie Johnston
c/o Bayshore Broadcasting
270 9th Street East
Owen Sound, ON
N4K 5P5

In Person
Just track me down or drop it off at Bayshore Broadcasting, in a sealed envelope, labeled "Attention: Jamie Johnston"

Online
You can help support me by making a secure online donation using your credit
card. Click on the link below:

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?SID=2456359

TAX RECEIPTS WILL BE ISSUED FOR DONATIONS GREATER THAN $20!

Post-dip I promise to provide photographic evidence that I did in fact take part! While pledges are certainly appreciated, if you cannot donate, please come out to the Bayshore Community Centre on Saturday, March 10th to cheer us on!

Here I am last year, feeling pretty content with myself, PRE-JUMP:



And here I am POST-JUMP. My earlier feeling contentment has suddenly become one of horror.



Thanks in advance for your support!

For more information on how YOU can support the 2010 Polar Bear Dip, please
visit us at www.torchrunontario.com

No comments: