Tuesday, June 29, 2010

We went to....

.... a local little carnival-type thing over the weekend. There were only a few rides, but it's been years since I've ridden anything even remotely scary.

The short one wanted to take me on some rides with her....I suggested the Scrambler. It's fun. Yet safe. It spins around and throws you out at sharp angles, but never goes higher than about three feet in the air.



Let me tell you, there's nothing like being called out by a 10-year-old. Apparently The Scrambler is for "wussies". And old people.

She suggested The Avalanche.



Sure, if a 10-year old can handle it, I'm sure I can too.



This won't be so bad. But why are there only 4 of us on this ride? Hm. Should I be concerned by that? Apparently, yes.



Later, the boy won the short one a stuffed monkey. On a sidenote, this is why we don't normally let him come out in public with us:



Fortunately, we were at a fair, so he actually blended in quite stealthily with the carneys.

No comments: