Friday, September 17, 2010

I don't know....

...what it is about the fall. But I've been going into demoestic mode. Or nesting mode. Or whatever mode it is people go into when the weather gets cold and they prepare to bunker down for a long winter.

I decorated my front porch for autumn. These seasonal elements will stay in place until probably 6 weeks from now, when I tear everything down and go into insane Christmas Lady Mode. And yes, I realize Christmas is still 14 weeks away. (I just went through an online photo album from last year. And the pictures of us cutting down out Christmas tree were taken on November 23rd just to give you an idea of the scope of my issues.)

Check out my porch!





And the boy was kind enough to buy me some corn stalks from a roadside stand that I can attach to the pillars on the porch. I know, no one is as excited about this as I am!

Oh, and the baking! I have done more baking in the past 2 weeks than I usually do in two years. I baked the boy some peanut butter cookies last week.

That same night I tried out a new recipe for Pecan Pie Muffins.



Yes, that is a liberal sprinkling of brown sugar on each muffin top. Alas, these were dissapointingly dry. I should have followed my usual go-to baking rule...when in doubt, add more butter.

Last night, I made a cabbage role casserole, which was amazing.



And finally, since I was on such a roll, I whipped up a loaf of banana bread for dessert. ( Of course, it would have looked way more appealing if I'd waited until after it was nicely baked before taking the photo.)



So remember that posting about a week back where I shared my excitement over having discovered I'd lost a jean size? Well, maybe losing weight is overrated.

1 comment:

Jess said...

OMG Jamie it all looks amazing!

I am already thrilled for the Christmas season, it's scary!