Friday, September 17, 2010

Some lovely homegrown....

...tomatoes were brough tinto the station by a co-worker recently. Now, I hate raw tomatoes, but I brought some home for the boy.

Everyone at work seemed shocked that I refuse to eat tomatoes. Especially being that I like things such as brushetta, tomato juice and spaghetti sauce.

One Halloween, when I was about 6 and my brother maybe 4, we were forced by our parents to each eat a slice of raw tomato before we were allowed to go out trick or treating. My brother and I both sat at the kitchen table, in costume, sobbing and gagging and trying to force the tiny piece down our throats. It was not a Happy Halloween. But we did eventually get through it after much dry-heaving and tearful theatrics.

The happy ending is that later we went door to door and looked adorable, and from the photos taken later than evening I can tell we forgot all about the ugly tomato-dinnertime incident. But to this day neither of us will eat raw tomoatoes.

No comments: