Thursday, August 13, 2009

There is a woman I see most days on my short walk to work. She lives across the street and a few houses up from the boy's parents. Anyways, we always say hello or good morning to each other, because she is ALWAYS sitting outside at her patio table, on her front lawn, smoking cigarettes and listening to her Walkman.

Well, this morning, instead of sitting she was pacing up & down the sidewalk in front of her home. I didn't want to startle her as I came up behind her so I tried really dragging my flip flops along the sidewalk so she'd hear me coming. Anyways, she did and this was our longest conversation to date:

Me: Good morning!
Smoking woman: Good morning, how are you today?
Me: Great, thank you.
Smoking Lady: And how is everyone at the house? They all ok?
Me: Everyone's great.
Smoking Lady: And what about Randy, how is he doing?
Me: He's fine too.
Smoking Lady: I'm so glad to hear that.
Me: Well, have a nice day!

I certainly hope Randy is doing well and that he hasn't recently passed away or something. You see, I have no idea what this woman was talking about, nor do I know "Randy". But wherever you are friend, I hope things are swell.

No comments: