Monday, August 10, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

It's Monday, and while nothing terribly exciting happened over the course of the weekend there are a few little things I will update you on.

1. A tornado touched down just outside of town last night. It was sunny & incredibly muggy all day. Then around 6:15 it got so dark outside and rained like crazy. The wind was insane. I saw a couple of firetrucks go flying by and for an instant I hoped my house had been hit by lightening (that's covered by insurance, right?) Then I could re-build my dream home. Until I remembered that the boy and dogs were at home. Anyways, I got home from working at the pub to find everything standing and intact. Despite a huge pool of water on the bathroom floor because someone forgot to shut it when they left for work.

2. It's only 10:58 a.m. and I'm already STARVING. We had an amazing steak dinner last night...and I have leftiovers for lunch. And I've spent the last hour and a bit trying to convince myself it is to early to tuck into another helping. I will probably die from clogged arteries when I am 40....but this girl will never say no to a good steak.

3. I also had to work at the pub on Friday night......and the boy's ex came in with some friends, who I also happen to be aquaintances with....they sat RIGHT at the bar. I thought it was going to ruin my night.....but surprisingly by the end of the evening we were all talking and laughing and having a blast. We even did a few shots together. I don't think it could have gone any better. Especially since I tend to get crazy anxiety when I am put in a situation like that. But I kept it under control and probably fooled them all into thinking I wasn't bordering on panic attacks.

4. The boy totally thought he was off the hook...you see, I bought myself floor seats for the Aerosmith/ZZ Top concert in my hometown next month......which I've been excited about forever. The boy, not so much. He has no desire to see me publicly hurl myself at frontman Steven Tyler. Who can blame him. Anyways, he had to break it to me last week that he could no longer attend because the concert fell on the exact same evening as a prior commitment he had here in town. Well, just on a hunch I looked this "event" up online and discovered it's not until the weekend after the concert. I could have waited until we were both home from work to tell him this in person....but I was so excited I called home and already left him a message. He'll be so thrilled!

5. I bought ANOTHER new couch....long story....but I bought it knowing full well that this 9ft x 7ft couch might not fit into my living room which is 9 feet across. I know...I will take a photo tonight to let you know how THAT goes.

Anyways, that was my weekend in a nutshell (I almost wrote "nutchell"....a combo of "nutshell" and "satchel"......it almost works, say it out loud!) - I hope you all had a fabulous weekend as well!

No comments: