Friday, November 6, 2009

Pet Paramedic

So we were driving home last night after work...and we were at Vince's Quick Mart and I was going to go straight and at the last second the boy asked me to turn right and go up the Parkway, so we could stop at his boss's and pick up his paycheque. Anyways, we get almost to the lights at Kelso Beach and there are all these cars stopped in the middle of the road...and there is a girl on the side of the road FREAKING out. So I pull over and the boy goes running over......everyone thought a kid had been hit the way the woman was spazzing.....turns out it was her dog...and it was STUCK UNDER THE CAR that hit it. And no one knew what to do and the people in the car were in shock and wouldn't even get out....so the boy, like a little knight in shining armour...or a superhero...ok, ok, enough.....anyways, he yelled at all the guys who were gathered around to lift up the car...and they did and someone else slid the dog out....and then the girl started SCREAMING and I started crying, only for an instant, and I turned around cause I didn't want to see it. But then the boy said he was fine so I looked and he was covered in blood but he wasn't dead......then no one knew what to do cause the girls who owned the dog didn't have their car with them (I'm not even sure if they were old enough to drive actually) so I ran back to the van and we wrapped the dog up in all the boy's work clothes and I raced like an ambulance driver through town to drive the dog to our vet's office. WHEW! Exciting.

Anyways, I'm sure the dog is going to be fine. I even emailed the vet to find out. But that was our exciting night. Isn't it good that we decided to go that way? And that we happeend to have a van big enough to haul the dog an dthe two girls? And that we know of an amazing vet? I think it was karma.....we owed a big thank you to the universe for all those people who gave up their energy and time and goo dvbes last year when my little Jonas was missing for 10 days. So this was our chance to give back.

Although the whole situation was sad and scary.....it was nice to see all those people who stopped and helped. I don't think that would happen in a big city. People would just keep going. But here, people all teamed up to lift a car off a dog.


No comments: