Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My nightmare.....

....just came to life.

Usually when I wear flip flops, especially new ones whose durability hasn't been put to the test yet, I always bring a spare pair in my purse. I am petrified of breaking a flip flop and not being in a position where I can go home and get a new pair.

I bought new flip flops on the weekend. And they just broke. And I'm on the air for the next 2 hours. I just had to walk through the station barefoot like a muzzy bum.

Thanks to my boss for "muzzy". Expect to hear that word used a lot more often.

Update: I went to replace my broken flip flops yesterday, and of course, where there had been racks upon racks of flip flops on Friday when I bought them, there were now 3 pairs. None my size. Of course. So I decided to just return them and spend my $5 sandal budget elsewhere. When I went t othe counter I explained to the woman that I had just bought these shoes and wore them only a couple days before the strap had broken. I joked to her that I would have exchanged them but that I could not squeeze my dainty size 10 foot into a size 7.
And completely sincerely and genuinely, she responded, "Oh no, you don't want to do that. You'll just end up braking another shoe."


Sigh.

No comments: