Thursday, May 6, 2010

A recap.....

.....of yesterday in photos:

Here is my little Lola. Doesn't she look happy to be going on a roadtrip with us?



She almost looks angelic. If you look closely you may notice the soft glow of innocent bliss most puppies exude.

You see, up until now, she had no idea she was going in to get her lady bits cut off.



I tried to calm her down by telling her lots of canines have hysterectomies. It's fairly common for dogs her age. Nothing to panic about.

I told her that just in case something does go wrong, we should get a final photo of ourselves together, for posterity sake.



That didn't make her feel any better.

Anyways, we dropped her off at the vet and realized we had exactly 9 hours to kill in a strange city on a non-existent budget. So we decided to tap into our redneck genes and camp in the back of the van in the middle of the city.



We planned it well. We had a mattress, cooler, snacks, books and a change of clothes. I made myself pretty comfy.



There were two very tame squirrels. I named them Alejandro & Henry. They really like President's Choice decadent chocolate chunk cookies. Here they are eating them.



I fed them a whole lot of cookies. I sure hope they aren't diabetic.



Then we went and picked up Lola. She was pretty bummed. And maybe a little mad at me.



But I let her sit in my lap all the way home and we played.......



.....Peek-A-Boo with her head cone.



We stopped at Burger King since we don't have one in our town. It was a big day. We ordered a burger to share and the boy was nice enough to order it without pickles, relish, ketchup, mayo, tomatoes & lettuce so I would eat it.

It's called an "Angry Whopper". It should be called the Pleasant & Delicious Whopper because that is what it was.

No comments: