Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I tried out a.....

....delicious new recipe that my sister-in-law made for me while in California. Indian Butter Chicken. From scratch.

I had to improvise a few of the ingredients since my local No Frills does not have a wide selection of Indian spices. Imagine that.

Anyways, I spent hours working away at it....and it came out amazingly. At least I thought so.

The boy seemed doubtful. He reminded me he is a "meat-and-potatoes" type. I reminded him the main ingredient is chicken. Maybe only red meat meets his criteria. Anwyays.....he ended up having leftover Hamburger helper. I enjoyed the fruits of my labour alone. And had lots of leftovers. And the best part is the next time he starts to complain about always getting stuck with dinner duty, I muster up a few fake tears...some woeful reminder about the last time he didn't appreciate my cooking efforts.....and it's a free pass where supper is concerened.

No comments: