Friday, July 2, 2010

Momma knows how.....

...to lay a guilt trip on a girl.

Work-wise, this is probably one of the busiest weekends of the summer. In addition to all the regular radio station events that normally take place on a July weekend, we also have the Hottest Yard Sale Under the Sun taking place in downtown Owen Sound. To co-incide with this, Big Music Fest is happening at Kelso Beach, up the road from my house. It's going to be a zoo. I've been saying fo rmonths, I want nothing more than to be OUT of town this weekend. On a beach somewhere, away from all the traffic and chaos and tourists. Howeve,r this is wishful thinking. Working in Promotions dictates that I need to be here this weekend to oversee these things.

But then my Mom called. And mentioned she, as well as my grandparents, not to mention my Aunt Sue from South Africa, would be staying at a cottage 3 hours from here. And that we should come visit them. And that I would be a bad daughter if I didn't. Ok, she didn't say that. She didn't have to though. So this afternoon, we are packing up and heading out. Only for one night. Then back tomorrow afternoon in time for Big Music Fest.

Have a fabulous weekend all.

No comments: