Monday, October 18, 2010

We just got cable.....

....re-installed on Saturday after a few-months long without. I don't know what I was thinking trying to go without TV. Good lord.

I am an idiot. A few months ago, I decided to switch from Rogers to our local cable provider (who we also have our phone service through). I knew they would be cheaper. Plus, I like to shop local when I can. The phone service has been great so I thought the cable option would be great too. And I thought I might get a deal with a bundle.

Anyways, I called our local provider and left a message explaining what I was wanting to do. Then I immediately called Rogers and told them nicely to disconnect me. A couple day slater I still had not heard from the local company so I decided to check ou ttheir website and get our service hooked up online....only to be met with a large notofocation on their homepage that they do not yet offer cable to our area.

WHAT HAD I DONE?!?!?

Now, we could have signed back up with Rogers fairly simply, but our bill would have been EXTRA high due to having to pay a full reconnection fee, plus the remainder of our final bill. And since I work in radio, I am poor. So we waited.

I was proud of us for managing so long without cable. But I'm certainly not going to expound the virtues of living a television-less life. We read alot, but no mmore than we usually do. And being that we are always on a tight budget, it's not like not having tv at home made us get out anymore than when we did have tv. We don't watch a ton of it, but for us, TV is a way to relax in the evenings. We can sit on the couch and snuggle with the dogs and just be entertained. And I can always fal back on the age-old excuse that I need to keep up-to-date on timely events due to my particular field of work (thank you Pop Culture 101 for opening my eyes to this excuse).

Anyways, long story short, we now have cable again. Thank sweet Jesus. And the best thing about it so far? Sister Wives. That show is CRAZY. If you've never seen it, it's about a Polygamist family in Utah (it airs on TLC). The boy & I both watched hours of it last night. That's right, I said "hours". If needed, here is where you can point out the fact that I need to get out more. I won't argue.

No comments: