Thursday, April 29, 2010

I have to say....

....a special birthday greeting to the boy. It was his birthday yesterday (coincidentally, I am also taking this opportunity to gently remind him that he's got exactly 10 years on me).

I informed him the day before his birthday that his gift would not be arriving until the weekend so that he would not think I had forgotten to get him something altogether. He immediately insisted that he did not want anything, that I should just cancel whatever it was I had ordered, that it would be "a waste". Then he demanded I tell him what it was I was getting him so he could tell me the reasons he didn't need it. This argument lasted approsimately 10 minutes.

Me: "I'm not telling you! You always end up making me tell you what your gift is and I really want to surprise you this time."
Him: "Tell me. I don't want anything so you better just tell me what it is."
Me: "Fine, it's a new BBQ."
Him: "Oh. Ok, you can get me that."

So much for surprises.

Anyways, the boy unknowingly provides material, fodder, inspiration and content for my blog, on top of putting up with me on a daily basis. Even seeming pleased to do so. He keeps me on my toes. He would do anything for me. And for all this, I am eternally grateful.

Happy birthday Sparky.

No comments: