Friday, December 11, 2009

I had the worst.....

....drive of my entire life yesterday. I'm not prone to exaggeration. Nor am I a nervous driver. I've driven 7 hours to Ottawa in the dead of winter, during a horrendous snowstorm in a beat up old Chevy Tracker that might as well have had a giant sail attached to it. All that to say that I found myself at a station event about 45 minutes away from home yesterday. The weather was horrible all day, so I waited as long as I could before deciding to take a run at it. Starting out it wasn't too bad, at least no worse than normal winter driving weather. See?



My boss had tried to convince me to stay put saying I could bunk in a local motel with a co-worker. But the idea of no change of clothes, conditioner, mousse or a toothbrush seemed much worse than an uncertain fate out on the treacherous roads. I know, I'm vain, and it was a dumb decision....but look, I have curly hair....applying product in the morning is a crucial part of my day.

Anyways...with this in mind, I pressed onward.



Now I'm starting to worry. I hear that the snow plows have been pulled off the roads. Most highways are being closed. Hence my white knuckling, stomache knotting, F-word spewing next hour and a half travelling down the highway at a painfully slow pace.



By now, I'm not even sure if I'm still on said highway.



But it's too late to turn back. I'm getting closer to home. Wait, is that another vehicle I can follow? A beacon of hope in this lonely dangerous wasteland? Or is that oncoming traffic?! GAH!



Anyways, since I'm writing this, I obviously made it home in one piece. A little frazzled, but nothing a glass of wine can't fix. And my hair looks great today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i miss driving in that.

christina