Friday, December 18, 2009

I've been a little slow....

....getting into the holiday spirit this year so I asked people to tell me about their favourite Christmas memories. I have lots of great ones so I thought by people sharing some of theirs, it would make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. And it did....until my friend Amanda emailed me her Christmas memory.

"I treasure the memory of you getting blitzed at the staff Christmas party and taking open wine bottles from the other tables and putting them in a gift bag for the cab ride downtown."

Obviously Amanda missed the point of this excercise.

Disclaimer: This was a long time ago. The wine was paid for, so it wasn't really stealing. It was ensuring everyone got their money's worth and it did not go to waste.

Fortunately, I've gotten my act together since then. And with the exception of the following year's staff Christmas party when I wrestled the General Manager out of his tie and wrapped it around my head Rambo-style to take to the dance floor, nowadays, you would hardly even know I was there.

No comments: