Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I've had a number....

....of awkward instances of mistaken identity lately. You can read about two of them here:

http://discocowgirl.blogspot.com/2009/12/i-had-most-unsettling-day.html

Well, just last week I was starting my shift at the bar and one of the customers asked me if I still worked at the college. I was confused, because this customer is a regular and I would have assumed he'd know full well that I've never worked at the college. Even after I told him this, he insisted he'd seen me there a number of times.

Then, I had another "encounter" last night at the Wendy's drive-thru window (eat healthy y'all). I had just taken the food from the young girl at the window.

Wendy's employee: "Hey Beautiful."

Confused I looked at the boy assuming maybe he knew her. He looked back at me exactly as confused as I was.

Me: "Um....."
Wendy's employee: "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else."
Me: "Oh. Um, thanks anyways."

This is getting very bizarre. I don't like it, it's making me feel like I'm living in a parallel universe or something. Or maybe there is a girl who looks EXACTLY like me who has recently moved to town, hooked up with some guy at the bar, started a new job at the college and enjoy's eating Wendy's fast food on a regular basis. I have to find this girl. And tell her to BACK OFF.

No comments: