Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I stole this

I stole this from another blog. You are supposed to answer the questions to feel good and realize what makes your life so great and to help you appreciate those things. That's all real nice but I also like talking about myself (points for honesty?) so I'll give it a shot.

1. Why I Get Out of Bed Everyday…um, mostly to go to work. I like my job but I also need the money for bills. And red wine. And some cute shoes once in a while. Ok, ok......I get to wake up to a great boy and 4 dogs who think I am the best thing to ever walk on two legs (I'm talking about the dogs, not the boy). It's hard not to be at least a bit happy when the alarm goes off.

2. What I Love … Music. My family. My friends. Cottages. Any combination of these. Looking around my place and seeing a bunch of family, having drinks, catching up, laughing, listening to music. Bliss.

3. Where I Have Been …I lived in Europe for 1 year...and I can't believe it's been 12 years. I was only 15...my parents must have been crazy to let me go alone. I think of my step daughter, who will be 15 next year. And she is mature and smart and gorgeous...and if I had any say in the matter I WOULD NEVER LET HER GO AWAY ON HER OWN LIKE THAT! Actually, it was one of the best things to ever happen to me. I have a whole other family over there. While I haven't seen them in over a decade I love them like crazy and think about them all the time. I also visited California last year.....beaches, bonfires, amazing sunsets? I was hooked. I already can't wait to go back. I know why my brother is "the good kid". Great job, great girl, great for a cheap holiday.

4. Where I Want to Go … anywhere with a good beach. I'm a bit of a water baby (a but ironic, seeing my aversion to bathing suits). It doesn't matter if it's a lake or an ocean, count me in. Also, New Orleans. I've wanted to visit there for as long as I can remember.

5. What I Know … it's not always easy to change. Even with the best intentions....it sometimes doesn't happen. I can't always be the person I want to be. But I always am pleased in those moments when I do remember what & who I want to be and make sure I do something about it. And I'm lucky to be close to a couple people who are my definition of "good"....and I hope as I grow older I can be even remotely as amazing as they are. I would be happy with being a fraction as loving and good as these people are.

6. What Motivates Me … competing with my brother for my parents affection. Haha, just kidding. I lost ou ton that one a long time ago! Oddly, my job. I want to learn more about it and continuously improve and see how much I can take on.

7. What I Learned While Doing This Excersice… that most people do like to talk abou tthemselves more than they admit. But sometimes it's fun to write things down and get them out. And it's certainly better than never saying them at all.

No comments: