Thursday, February 4, 2010

I survived....

...my first night back "at school".

There was no need to be as nervous as I was. The class was small, the other people are super-nice....some of them are pretty intense and serious about their writing, whereas I, on the other hand, am not. But I think it's going to be a lot of fun. And it'll be good for me to have a reason to leave the house other than one of my two jobs.

We were asked to read some of our stuff out loud which was what I have dreaded from the moment I signed up for ths thing. You would think because I'm in radio and I never shut up that this would be right up my alley. It's not. I usually can't see the people I'm speaking too. And that makes a big difference.

Some of the others did some very intense, personal, emotional pieces. I decided to keep things nice & light. Which I think is going to be my schtick through the entire 8 weeks. Serious, mature, adult material is just not my style.

When my friend Brad found out I was taking a course he immediately asked if I was going back to make up for my miserable academic performance in college (it's truly amazing I was ever able to find gainful employment in my field.) Baby steps, Brad, baby steps.

No comments: