Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tonight, I go back to school.....

....ok, not quite. Tonight, I start my 8-week creative writing class. It was one of those things I thought would be really good for me and I was very much looking forward to a month a go when I impulsively sigend up for it. And now that the time has arrived, it's starting to seem like a poor decision. School was never my thing. Elementary school was fine. I got great marks and rarely had to put any effort into anything. Straight A's. And it was even in French! Then there was the whole math thing. The only mathematical equation I know for sure is ME + MATH = TEARS. That is where it all started to go downhill for me. I hated high school. College...college on the other hand, I loved. Too much. During the first week, I fell for the older bad-boy, when he kept our entire field trip bus waiting as he rolled in late and hungover and showed no remorse whatsoever. From there, things went downhill for me, academically speaking. And otherwise.

Anyways, all that to say, that maybe I am unconscioulsy hoping to redeem myself with this course. Wish me luck. I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes.

2 comments:

Writer's Cramp said...

Embrace your writing class, Jamie. It will be a ton of fun and do you a world of good.

I took one in between gigs a few years ago and loved it.

You have a natural knack for writing, this will only help you take it further.

Let's see who ends up on the bookshelves first!

Meesh said...

how'd it go??

and why don't I remeber the bus being held up by someone? lol