Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's been 4 days.....

....since my last posting on here. Which is a long time for me. But I truly had nothing interesting to say. And I still don't. I realized this fact when I was downstairs talking to two co-workers earlier today. Jean asked me what was new. And I realized nothing was.

Then I was reminded of a conversation that took place with a customer at the pub last week.

Customer: "Do you have any hobbies?"
Me: "Not really. I work a lot."
Customer: "Yeah, but you must have a hobby?"
Me: (Annoyed now, as I'm in the middle of a good book)"I read."
Customer: "Pffft! Reading's not a hobby!"
Me: "Well, not for everyone apparently."
Customer: "I mean a real hobby. You don't play an instrument or something?"
Me: "No, no instruments."
Customer: "Well, you should try to find a hobby other than reading. That's boring."

Now, normally working at the Pub is a bit of an ego boost. Some nights I'm pretty sure us girls are the smartest people in the place. But it sure can be a blow to the old self esteem when some schmuck, sippin gon his 8th beer at the bar basically tells you that you need to get a life.

No comments: