Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Karma....

...is going to kick my ass for this.

Speaking to a co-worker about how tired I am today....

Me: "I wish I had that disease where you just fall asleep randomly, without warning...."
Him: "Narcolepsy."
Me: "That's the one! Then I would have an excuse to nap right now and I wouldn't be able to get in trouble for it."
Him: "Yeah, but narcolepsy isn't a good thing for a radio announcer to have."
Me: "You're right. I shouldn't have even said that. I can't believe I just wished for a disease. As punishment, karma is probably going to inflict me with a completely different, terrible disease."
Him: "Tourettes."
Me: "Also a bad disease for a radio person to have. But they wouldn't be able to fire me for swearing on the air. That would be discrmination based on a medical condition."
Him: "And it would depend what kind of tourettes you have too."
Me: "I mean the good kind, the one that makes you swear."

The fact that this conversation even occured is a perfect example of why I need to get home and sleep.

No comments: