Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I can't believe I'm....

....going to willingly share this conversation with everyone.

Co-worker: "82% of our conversations are about lunch and 17% are complaining about co-workers. If our co-wporkers quit and your shift was later in the day I don't think we'd talk about anything."

Me: "That sounds so depressing.....yet it doesn't bother me as much as it probably should."

Co-worker: "It gets me through the day."

Me: "If I worked a different shift, you & I would probably spend the first half of the day talking about all the endless possible locations we could go to GET lunch....
and I would spend the afternoon whining about how I ate too much and how I need a nap. So, me being on-air over the lunch hour is pretty much a blessing in disguise.
And my cholesterol level is grateful.

Co-worker: "They say salt hardens the arteries or whatever. You'd think that would be a good thing... more durable!"

Me: "I would be superhuman."

Co-worker: "I would be batman for sure."

There you have it people. A rare glimpse into the Mensa-like conversation you are apt to hear when hanging out in the vicinity of a radio station.