Thursday, March 25, 2010

I am doing some cooking tonight....

....and I've been asked a few times why I don't share my recipes on here. I am often talking about food. So why don't I share? Well, here's a little secret; I hate sharing recipes. I'm selfish. And possessive. And I like to take credit for recipes, even those that I've stolen from friends/family/other websites. Plus, this particular recipe has kind of become my signature dish when I'm asked to bring something to a get together or party. If I were going to share it (I'm not) I would make you promise me, if you were going to try this recipe, you could never bring it to a social function that I was going to be in attendance at. Because I would totally call you out in public for stealing my recipe. Just so you know. Anyways, if you are looking for good recipe sites check out www.thepioneerwoman.com and click on her Cooking section. She has everything organized by category, and she's got some really neat, yet simple ideas. And teh best part is she takes photos of each step in the in process. It makes it a lot more fun, plus you can get a pretty good idea of what the finished product is going to look like.

Speaking of food, the boy took me out for lunch at Europa yesterday (if you've never tried it, go!). I never get to take a lunch break, and we never take lunch together, so it was nice.

While there, the owner's wife came over to our table to chat and midway through the conversation the topic turned to the Fitness Centre next door. She asked if I work out there. I tried not to choke on my 2 pounds of Beef Ravioli and stifled my laughter.

Clearly this woman does not realize that my status line on Facebook yesterday was:

"Jamie Johnston is wondering if it's to start devouring a bag of chocolate Eggies?"

This was posted at 9:30 a.m.

No comments: