Thursday, March 18, 2010

I just referrred....

....to someone as "kid". I was speaking to a co-worker asbout a mutual aquaintance, and I said, "Yeah, he's a good kid."

This "kid" I was referring to is older than I am. I have no idea why I would have used that term other than I may have temporarily morphed into a 65-year-old woman.

Anyways.....there is still two days left to pledge me in the 2010 Polar Bear Dip. Thi sis taking place on Saturday. I will be jumping into the icy waters of Georgian Bay, along with a couple co-workers. Everyone keeps saying I'm lucking out because the weather has been warmer lately. Um, last time I checked, the bay is still frozen, and 10 degress does not a summer day make. That being said, it's all in support of Ontario Special Olympics.

My original goal was to try to raise $200 in pledges. Slightly more than I raised last year. Well, I've surpasses my goal and am now the 5th highest fundraiser for this event. I am still quite a ways behind the Top 3. But, my new goal is to raise another $84. This would put me at the $400 mark. I will have doubled my original goal and raised a good chunk of money for a great cause.

If you have a credit card, you can pledge me directly. It will take you literally 2 minutes, if not less. Just go to (or copy & paste) this link:

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=812329&LangPref=en-CA20

To everyone who has already pledged me, I thank you for your support. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures this weekend so I have photographic evidence that I did in fact take the plunge! Wish me luck!

No comments: