Thursday, March 25, 2010

I really need.....

....to find a couple of guinea pigs. Stat.

Like, yesterday.

I know you are asking yourself, "Why would someone need a guinea pig, let alone two?"

("A gun rack? A gun rack? I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. what am I going to do with a gun rack?" Sorry, sometimes inserting lines from Wayne's World is the only way I feel I can convey the proper intonation of a particular piece of internal dialogue.)

Let me tell you. We got the short one an early Easter gift. She has been begging for a guinea pig for months. And the condition was as long as she stayed on top of looking after the litter box (haha, kids are such gullible suckers) we would get her the next giunea pig that came into the animal shelter. Well, of course, ever since my having said that, there has been an extreme shortage of available GP's.

So then I took my search to the web. After months of waiting and looking I found exactly what we were hoping for. A very lovely woman, trying to find a good home for not one, but two female guinea pigs. Free to a good home, cage included. Done deal right? Not quite. After some back and forth emails, our arrangement fell through.

Now this would all be fine except I already told the short one that these critters were coming to our home. And I haven't told her about the recent turn of events. So now I am on the hunt for sibling guine pigs and time is a tickin'.

Wish me luck.

No comments: