Monday, March 1, 2010

We were....

......invited out for drinks last night. At one point during the evening I stepped outside for a moment. Standing on our hosts porch I felt something in my left pantleg. Instead of going back inside and discreetly trying to get to the bottom of the situation, I hauled up my cuff and reached as high up as I could go, and dislodged.....wait for it.....a rogue pair of underwear.

How these remained balled up and safely concealed in my jeans while I a)got dressed b) drove to our destination c) walked around their home looking at paint colours d) played with their new puppy, I will never know. But I thank god they didn't make a break for it while I was sitting at the table enjoying my third glass of Shiraz.

I will never be anything close to cool.

2 comments:

Meesh said...

I was waiting for your next post (as i thoroughly enjoy reading what's in your brain), and I must say - this one did not disappoint

Jess said...

LOL this happened to me, but I drove to Ikea in Toronto, walked around the Ikea and eventually realized I felt something weird on my leg!

LOL you make me laugh girl!